Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fucking Pawn Shops!!!

I have to quit buying most of my gaming shit from fucking pawn shops. You have to think, someone brought them to the pawn shop for a reason. Sometimes it because they have moved on or upgraded, half the time they sell to pawn shops because it's a piece of shit that barely works. The other day I was shopping around for a external hard-drive but could find one I likes so I figured I could buy a PSP with the extra cash. Of course I went to the pawn shop to see what they had. From what I could remember they had few models of the PSP, earlier ones and newer ones including the PSP GO. Kind of had my heart set on the PSP GO, but they must of sold it.

The whole reason I wanted a Playstation Portable was that I accidentally downloaded a bunch of games for it, thinking they were for the Playstation 3. Since the PSP GO was sold, I bought a PSP-1000. Was pretty stoked got it for pretty cheap. I don't live far from the pawn shop, so it didn't take me long it get home and plug the thing in. Nothing happened... No lights, sounds, or video, just nothing. Within fifteen minutes of buying it I was back at the pawn shop complaining they sold me a bricked PSP. The owner plugged it in with the charger that I bought with it and it powered up right away. For a moment I felt like a fool, I should of tried a few other power outlets before I brought it back. Luckily for me I didn't look like a fool for long, none of the buttons would work.

We tried most of the PSPs that he had in the store and most of them didn't work. He was going on about how people bring them in when they have been having problems with them. Most of them are turned away but sometimes the game works long enough to be bought by the pawn shop. I really didn't care I just wanted a working PSP. Finally he pulled out a newer PSP-3000 from a drawer and tried it out. This one seemed to work perfect. Since I went through all this, he hooked me up with the PSP-3000 with a 2GB Sony Memory Stick Duo for the no extra charge. Also picked up Manhunt 2 for a discounted price.

This made me question buying from pawn shops, but this was a couple of weeks ago. The other night my Nintendo Wii wouldn't turn on at all, I tried unplugging it and tried different outlets but nothing. I bought it from the same pawn shop I got a the PSP from but a few weeks earlier. Everything was working fine with it, never would of thought it would just stop working. Thankfully it started working again this morning and everything seems fine again. Now I am really concerned about buying consoles at pawnshops, you never know what you are getting. I have had better luck with getting consoles from my friends then pawn shops.

Well this is life I guess, I think I would rather buy consoles, CIB, online now. For the games themselves I still will get the majority of them from pawn shops or used video game store. I still haven't bought a game that doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment