Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tiny Tower Review

I had a bitch of a time downloading Tiny Towers, it had nothing to do with the Developers, Nimblebit, or the operating systems. I just lost my iPod cord, and password to my Apple account. After changing my account setting and getting an extra cable from a co-worker, I finally could get my hands on the manager simulation game I have heard so much about. Also being completely a pixelated game is always a plus in my book.

Tiny Tower is a extremely pointless and ridiculously addictive management simulation game developed by Nimblebit. Tiny Tower was first released for Apple's iOS June 23, 2001 and later on Android devices November 16th. The premise of the game is to builds a skyscraper one level at a time. Inside your tower, players can choose to build residential and commercial floors and fill them with "Bitizens". Building up additional stories on top of your tower costs coins and you need to properly manage the businesses and the Bitizens working and living in your tower to gain financial success.

Your tower is highly customizalbe, you can choose between five different business floors; Food, Service, Recreation, Retail, and Creative. Of course you also have to have Residential, Bitizens need somewhere to live. The rest of the customization includes the paint scheme, names of the businesses and paint the residential floors and the clothing of the Bitizens. You control what items are sold in the businesses, responsible for hiring the right Bitizen for the job and keeping the shelves stocked. The more staff the business has, better items can be sold. The better the item, the longer you have to wait to restock, but the stock sells at a better price.

Yes I said "wait" back there. This is still, what I like to call, a "facebook" game. Like FarmVille, you have to wait to do pretty much anything. Unlike other games like FarmVille, Tiny Towers' wait times are a lot shorter and the tower is operational 24/7, even if your device is off. In the beginning things go along quickly but as your tower becomes bigger, things start to cost more and the wait time is longer. If you want, you have the option to buy "Tower Bux" with your credit card. I was drunk last night and bought thirty dollars worth, stupid... You can also get "Tower Bux" by random elevator rides, building another floor or doing missions. This takes forever and buying them lets you play a lot more without waiting around.  The missions are a nice touch. Giving you something to strive for, but they are kind of pointless in the beginning of the game. I still have only completed one. Just don't have the right businesses for them right now.

All in all, this is a great game you can carry around and play for ten minutes, waiting for the bus or standing in line at the D.M.V. The fact that productivity never stop, even when your device is turned off, is crucial in making money for more levels on your tower.  The customization is just amazing. I love the fact that I can call my Tea Shop, The Teabagger and have the Bitizen working dressed as a biker. Just as too bad I can't change his name to Mr. Slave. As mush as I hate ":facebook" type games, the wait times are bearable and there is always something to do, customize, move floors and employees around and check out "Bitbook" and stats. Tiny Tower might not be a game you sit down and play for hours. It's not perfect but it's like smoking cigarettes, it fills the little voids in our daily, mundane lives.

And for that,
I give it a Tiny Eight out of Ten.

           

   

No comments:

Post a Comment