Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Magic the Gathering 2012

Magic the Gathering is a card game I have been playing since I was a child. My older step brother was really big into it. Magic, is a card game, in which player battle each other. Player use "spells" to cast in creatures or um well spells to cause damage to an opposing player. Said player can block using his or her creatures and spells. It reminds me of a dungeons and dragons of card games, but not as complicated.

Magic the Gathering is made by Wizards of the Coast. You are almost guaranteed to heard of Pokemon cards, which are also made by Wizards if the Coast. Pokemon cards were huge and completely in the limelight. Magic not so much.  Magic was more underground, where kids played tournaments in small backstreet comic stores. I collected Pokemon cards, but played Magic the Gathering.

I haven't thought about Magic for the last few years. The last time I played it was in 2005 I think. Just recently I found out that Magic had a new video game out, well a whole new series. Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Plainwalkers. There is three versions, 2010, 2011, and the newest one 2012. These aren't the first video games Magic have put one but the only one that are actually good. I haven't played many of them but I remember they weren't very good.

I really enjoy the Duels of the Plainwalkers series. The gameplay controls are quite simple, and the games have a great tutorial system. Online is pretty sick, I play with my good friend all the time, who is actually a very talent Magic player. One feature I really like, is if you have a PS eye camera. You can have a little live stream of yourself instead of a character picture.

If you are a fan at all of the card game, I think it is a good game too get. Atleast if you are a Playstation Plus member go and get the first one for free. It is well worth paying nothing, and I found that people still play it online. I like it, well a gotta go. It is three in the morning and I work my ninth day in a row tomorrow. Peace out guys. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment