Thursday, December 22, 2011

Intellivision Might Be One of the Worst Consoles Ever

Last night, I tested out everyone of my Intellivision Games. They all worked, Donkey Kong was the only game to give me trouble. Just needed to be inserted nice and good. After playing all those games, I came to one conclusion... Intellivision is a horrible console.

I may be a little bias, considering I remember playing Space Invaders, Astroids, Pac-Man, and Donkey Kong on Atari 2600. It was just like playing them in the Arcade. They do have most of these games for Intellivision but I haven't played them yet. All I do know is that Donkey Kong is an abomination, personally I believe Coleco sabotage Donkey Kong for Intellivision. They wanted the one for Colecovision to look and play better. The only game I think I could play for more then five minutes would be Skiing. That is some solid alpine racing!

Intellivision debuted in 1979 and was released as a competitor to the Atari 2600. Over 3 million Intellvison consoles were sold before it was discontinued in 1983, with a total of 125 games were released for the console. For the four years the console was out it, received good reviews and in 2009, IGN named the Intellivision the No. 14 greatest video game console of all time. Yet, the controller was ranked the fourth worst video game controller by IGN Editor Craig Harris.

My Intellivision collection might be one of the more complete sets I have seen. All of the games work, and most of the boxes has instructions with controller inlays. The actually game boxes could be in better condition, the cardboard is old and damaged in the seams. Still all and all, pretty fucking good for being from the late Seventies. On ebay and a like, I have seen collections like this go for anywhere from $100 to $500. Still think I would be lucky to get 200, but not too bad for what I paid for it. Still going to be on the look out for other games I don't have.

None of this means I like this system...   

To see pictures related to this article, go to...

No comments:

Post a Comment