Friday, December 16, 2011

Some Pictures of Today's Buys.












Here are a ton of pictures of a good score I got at King of Trade in Lethbridge, Alberta. King of Trade is usually a rip off for older games. They are better for new games, but like any other pawn shop, for older vintage games it's a rip off. It doesn't even have to be a good game. You'll also finded a ton of sport games, shit... mostly sport games actually. The store is fill with them, you have to sift your way through them to find the good games. The store is filled with them because a new one comes out ever year, so every year they becomes obsolete. I still can't believe I got these games.

I picked up Space Armada, Advanced Dungeon and Dragons and the best find of the year... Donkey Kong! All for Intellivision, I have never seen so much Intellivision shit at a pawn shop before. Used to seeing NESs and Super NESs, Sega Genesis and lots of newer systems, never have I seen a Intellivison in the store. The only one there was for sale for a hundred dollars, last time I checked, I could buy one online for twenty bucks. I thought I was getting ripped off when I bought one from my buddy for eighty dollars. It was a bundle, with a system and fourteen game cartridges and boxes. Most of them complete with box, cartridge and controller inlays. I value the collection at one fifty, to two hundred big ones to the right person. I think I got a good deal.

Another sweet score at the pawn shop was that I got some pieces to complete some games. For instance, I got Sonic 2 cartridge for Sega Genesis, where I already had a empty box with instruction manual. Vise versa for Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, I needed the box but already had a cartridge and instruction manual. Luckily for me, I bought a Advance Dungeons and Dragons game without the instruction manual, now I have a extra D&D game cartridge. The rest of the games I bought, was because of the memories they held in my childhood.

Me and my Father played Road Rash back in the 90's when I five or six years old. He is really into Motorcycles and I grew up around them my whole life. Strange though was my Dad didn't get into street bikes till recently. WCW/NWO Revenge is one of the best wrestling video games out there. It captures the essence of Professional Wrestling, just mindless entertainment. I remember playing it with my friend G.R., high as a Giraffe's cunt. We would sit in his Mom's basement and play that game for hours, everyday. Fuck, it might have been the game before it, WCW vs NWO, I can't remember... I was high a lot when I was sixteen...     

No comments:

Post a Comment