Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mad Intellivision Ski Comp!

My buddy Cainer came down to visit his sick father, and of course I am the first to know about it. It is an unfortunate reason to be back in town from the mountains. I am still glad to see him though, I am always there for him, and vise versa. Cainer has been there for me, during almost everything major in my life. From road trips across the country, or bitches accusing me of knocking them up. From the good and the bad, he has always been there for me. That is why I am always there for him.

Cainer has also been my main snowboard companion, I believe I have rode more days with him then anyone else. Another one of our good friends, Saucy, mentioned snowboarding earlier today. We both freaked because it is forbidden to speak of the snow gods before first snowfall of the year. He also mentioned the intellivision I bought.

There is one game I actually like for this old ass machine. That's US Team Skiing. Sort of a good game, the controls are okay and the multiplayer is decent. We had a good few warm up rounds on an easy course, then it was time for the big tourny. You can pick up to four players on any course and go for the best lap time. It is a downhill slalom, and you can still hit the inside of the flags without a time penalty. This attention to detail impressed me for a game that came out in nineteen eighty.

Nice opening screen...
There isn't any real good skiing game out there, and for me to actually enjoy this game, is a feat. I think it's better then Ski Free for windows 95! The only thing Ski Free has over US Team, is the yeta that eats you if you start getting too far down the mountain. Skiing and snowboarding haven't been able to make the video game transition. Shawn Palmer's Pro Boarding, Amp and Stoked were mediocre snowboarding games. Shawn White's Snowboarding blows goat balls, and really there hasn't be a skiing game for a long time.

I always enjoyed skateboarding games, most Tony Hawks earlier games, Thrasher's Skate or Die and EA Skate. I skateboarded for years in my teenage years. The EA  series is a very realistic experience for a skating game, no Tony Hawk fake-ness. I am still waiting for EA to make a snowboarding or skiing game of such calibre. I need something to do when I can't be on the hill...
Fucking Yeti!

1 comment:

  1. He jugado a ese juego de ski muchas veces. Que salía el Yeti y siempre me atrapaba... XD
    por cierto te recomiendo que visites El blog de un amigo que también es aficionado al Doom: http://theway2myhell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete