Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Vegas!

Fallout Nude Vegas!
The first new game I bought was Fallout New Vegas, I have planned to get this game since I heard it was coming out. I am a huge fan of the Fallout series from the beginning. I remember how I feel playing Fallout for the first time, almost shock and awe. I haven't seen this type of adult content in a game in all my days. I was pretty young, around 13, when Fallout came out. By today's standards it's not to bad, but it was the first game I felt it was meant for adults.

Fallout New Vegas seems a lot like Fallout 3 at first, but there is a few big differences. I am playing hardcore mode which changes up the gameplay quite a bit. You have to keep in mind of hunger, fatigue and dehydration. This is pretty much the same as radiation levels in the previous game. You health is affected by Hardcore mode as well. Stimpak are not as powerful and take time to heal you, in fact everything takes time, instead if being instant. Crippled limbs, I find are the biggest pain the ass. You can't use stimpaks directly to limbs anymore and have to use a doctors bag (which are expensive) or visit a doctor for 50 caps.

Hardcore mode was pretty difficult at first, trying to use the new survival tricks like hunting and cooking food over a campfire. Just takes time to get used to. Trust me I will take plenty of time to play through this game. I held off on buying this game because I could easily put 200 plus hours on it. I took me close to 65 hours to complete Fallout 3. After completing the main story mission, side missions and DLC, I've been trying to find all collectibles in the game. Still haven't done everything in the game at 120 hours. Fuck, time well wasted, I guess.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are some of the best RPGs around. If you enjoy, the ability to choose who you save or kill. It's your choice to be good, bad or a little of both. Become a giant beast of a killing machine, or a uber nerd that can control robots or make medicine. No matter what you do, most people's Fallout Experience will be different.

I love this game, it can be a bit boring at times. Missions generally take over an hour to complete, if not longer. Collecting items, bartering and a like also can be a pain. Since you can't carry an infinite amount of shit, you have to make trips back and forth. Clothing and Armour can be amazing cash cows but don't be looking to carry lots of slacks, shit will weigh you down.

Okay, enough ranting. This game won awards for many reason. It might take you a while to get into it, you might want to consider playing Fallout 3or Oblivion first. New Vegas, in my opinion is way better. So do yourself a favour and buy this fucking game.    

No comments:

Post a Comment