Thursday, August 4, 2011

DJ Hero 2

I want to start this post out with a little background. There is this pawn shop in our little hillbilly town. It opened a few years back, I have pawned a few items there in my day. Mostly my bass but I have also sold them a few video games and movies. Don't judge me, we have all fell on hard time here and there. Anyway, I always thought this pawn shop was a rip off. The only thing I have ever bought from them was the odd Playstation 3 game.

They don't seem to be very knowledgeable about video games, which sometimes works to my advantage. At the same time, it has also worked against me. Well I do go there quite a bit to look around for games. All the systems I have seen there, have been a outrageous rip off. I was going to buy a PSP GO there, but they wouldn't go under 150. I wouldn't pay more then a hundred and twenty for one. Still need to pick up one of those.
Anywhore.... I played DJ hero at my friend's a while back and did enjoy it. I really did want to pick it up. Well low and behold the pawn shop closed it's store in British Columbia and moved everything to this location. I was drawn in to see a table outside the store full of video games along with other merchandise in front of the store. I went inside to look at the better stuff and seen DJ Hero 2 game and controller for a low price of sixty five bucks. Not too bad. Better then buying it at Wal-Mart.

I have pretty much beaten the game on medium difficultly. As a experienced Guitar Hero player, I was familiar with the style of the game. I have been into the DJ, dance scene for the last few years. I dug this game. This is complains thought, a few in fact. First off, if you played a lot of Guitar Hero, you know, if you look at the screen to long. When you look away thing look to be moving upwards. It kinda cool, but I found it to be worse in this game.
Look you can even get a lame carrying case.
Another complain would been that I found the gap between medium and hard difficulties, to be a big jump. I find medium too easy but on hard I can barely finish a song. I am sure with practice... I am sort of getting sick of the "Hero" type games. I really over played guitar hero, it has been a while and it would be nice to play. Besides being pretty awesome at guitar hero, and the drugs, sex and craziness of my Jasper slash Guitar Hero days, it is getting old.

This one is just for fun...
Maybe I am just getting old. My final complain is that the turntable controller hurts my hand. I broke my 4th metacarpal in my hand and it healed wrong. Pushing the blue button and "scratching" really starts to hurt my hand after a while. I can't really play it for long. As being friends with DJs and have been able to try a real turntable, I can say lot of the elements of DJing is in the game.

All in all, I would say if you like this type of music and your a fan of the Guitar hero franchise, I suggest you pick this one up. I am not over pumped about this game but the is decent. I like the multiplayer, quick play and story ("Empire") mode. One thing that really got me down about DJ Hero and the Guitar Hero franchise was the freestyle and customization of the games are lacking. None the less, I am sure you will have fun pretending to be a DJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment