Friday, June 3, 2011

I finally played Mortal Kombat last night, I was a little drunk and stoned. I think that is sometimes, the best way to try a new games. I was very impressed, lots of homage to the original three. The levels looked great, the character look okay. I wasn’t too impressed with some of the costume choice, also there was some characters missing I wish I could of seen.

Lets be truthful, I was pretty drunk, and did a lot of hot knives. I seen that the girl who lived at the place we were partying at, had a Super Nintendo. We decided to play Killer Instinct, Classic. After some turbo rounds and getting my ass handed to me. We starting comparing it to Mortal Kombat. The girl’s boyfriend said that they had Mortal Kombat, and we could play it if I could find. The only next logical step seem to be to have a shotgun race and another hot knife.

Now more inebriated, I figured I would never find the game. There was like fifty games and blu-rays flipped upside down on the floor. It sounded like they couldn’t find it in a while, plus there was a ferret and a cat wrestling on the floor on top of them. The stars must have been in line, because it was the first game I picked up.

It was surprisingly good from the start. Going back to the 2D side scroller, in my opinion was a good idea. Every character was unique and had there own style. It fighting system was cool, you fill up a meter for special attacks, will as cool as shit X ray combo. The original special attacks are there like, down, forward punch, up, down, kick, etc. The controls are a little different then I would have imagine, but easy to learn.

The best part was the fatalities. Fuck they were good. Most of them were pretty original, a few were lame. A lot of gore and brutal carnage, what more can you ask for? I didn’t get to check out anything, except two player versus, and some challenge mode. I know there is tons of stuff to do, and I have heard good things about it. There seemed to be a few unlock able characters, and playing as Kratos was pretty fucking cool.

There is no doubt about it this game is on my wish list,. I really want this game, but I am more into spending fifty bucks on entire collection of older games, then one new game or accessory. Anyways, go out and get Mortal Kombat if you are a fan of the series. I think it is one of the best one since in a long time.          

No comments:

Post a Comment