Sunday, June 12, 2011

Playstation Vita

Okay, I found out some more information on the latest handheld from Sony. I was curious about the new "PSP" the geeks at Gamestop were talking about. I started fanastsizing about how fucking cool it would be to have 3G online gaming in a hand held. That would go above and beyond anything out there today. Well holy fuck my uncle! The new Playstation Vita is going to have a 3G network. I am so fucking excited about this. Fucking finally a hand held to be excited about.

I just want to say. With work and this blog, I have zero time to write in my "personal blog". I am thinking of combining the two. I am try to put in whats going on in my life in here. Just a little bit here and there. Like lately I have been feeling like I am on my rag or some shit. I am just moody as fuck. I don't think working a stressful job with no training is helping. I work 50 to 60 hour weeks, not much time for myself. Not much time to play games.

On the topic of playing some games. I am working on inFAMOUS right now and about half way through it. I beat it before, when it first came out. You can choose to be a viewed as a hero or be feared as a villian. The path of evil was the first one I chose. Now I need to try the hand of good for once. Hopefully soon there will be a full on review on the game.
 OK! Back to the PS Vita, I don't know that much about it. It will be available in two models, the Wi-Fi and 3G versions. The price will be the same as the Nintendo 3DS for the Wi-Fi version and about 300 dollars american for the 3G version. As you can see from the picture above it is sort of the same shape as the Playstation Portible. There is two analog control sticks, which should be an aprovement from the controls of the PSP. One thing I am worried about it the the back of the hand held is a touch screen. It is meant for tap and slide type controls for games.

This is one thing I really didn't like about the Nintendo DS. The touch screen was more of a pain in the ass, then a help full control assesory. It was more useful for menu screens and weapon switches, then movement and aiming control. Most first person shooters for Nintendo DS where hard to control and I found that use of the D Pad and four right hand buttons as two joysticks worked the best.

I am kind sure that Sony has figured out the touch screen better then Nintendo. Just adding 3G takes it for me, I can't fucking wait to own one really. Call of Duty breaks at work, pwn noobs on the chairlift, really the limits are as wide as the network provider service. Has Wi-Fi really broke out? I remember when it first came out, I figured that have the world would be covered in free internet. It is covered by Wi-Fi but they are locked and not very stable. Some malls, coffee shops and most airports has free Wi-Fi.
The button symbols
I really don't know much about what games are coming out, it looks like older games like LittleBigPlanet and Wipeout are going to be available. There also footage of a new Uncharted game. The graphics don't look quite as good as a Playstation 3. A little pixelation but better then anything I have seen so far. The only bad thing I heard about the PS Vita is that 3G will only be available through AT&T. This means nothing to me because I live in Canada, my guess is that Roger's will pick up the deal with Sony. I haven't look into it much, but Sony Ericcson  phones are only available through Roger's.

I can offically say that I am excited for this and might considering buying one right away. I hear a release date of holiday 2010, but that is of course wrong. I am guessing holiday 2011. In other news I am excited about a Playstation Plus free game I got today. Magic the Gathering, it is really just the card game but you can play online. Being the geek that I am, I used to play Magic the Gathering tons when I was younger. Playing the video game of it, really made me want my old decks and card collection back. I am sure I have a deck some where around here. I am going to look for them. Miss the old comic book tournaments.

Well that is all for now. I am going to start a new thing and end posts with one letter of my PSN Screen name. Game on, kids. m.

No comments:

Post a Comment