Saturday, May 21, 2011

inFAMOUS Prelude


Okay I think I am going to try another one of these game reviews. The last one started with a Prelude, so it only feels right to tell a little story for this game. The last thing to interest me about inFAMOUS was how Sony is going to give it away for free because of their fuck up with the playstation network. This isn't going to be the first time I played this game, though.

One day back in the mountains, I was going over to my good buddies place. I didn't know, but he had the day off and went into the city to buy a Playstation 3 and like five or six games. I was pretty stoked and haven't really played many video games in the last few years. I lived in a party town in the middle of the mountains, full of young attractive girls and lots of fun to be had. Video games really didn't seem that important then. I did live with a few people that had systems, and did play once in a while. Really I was too busy, chasing pussy, hiking, snowboarding, and getting fucked up.

So we grabbed some booze as for is tradition. The plan for the night was to stay in and play video games, instead of going to the club and trying to get some tail. I remember we tried some games like Killzone 2 and Bio Shock. Then we put in inFAMOUS, at this point we finished the beer and was starting to drink the rye. This is when my buddy's roommate took out a little clear bag filled with powder. He start to dump it out and asked if I wanted a line? Of course, I said I did and he chalked one up for me, it looked a little small for what I am used to doing with him. Just figured he was saving it, and I snorted it. I am pretty sure my eyes filled with tears instantly, I remember saying "Fuck, that's rough stuff".

I remember that the intro was pretty awesome. It was cool running around beating up on people, but found the missions very difficult. Finally my buddy executed a jump, right on to the side of a building and stuck like Spiderman! It is very hard to do the missions without knowing, that the protagonist "Cole" was a master free runner. Now we really knew, it really made the game more enjoyable.

...

Well, I just got back from the bar. It is most likely better to have this,... um, mind set, to tell this part of the story. We started to get into the game quite a bit. Around this time I noticed that I was feeling a little strange. High, but not a cocaine high. Something familiar, like ecstasy but better. I knew what it was, I asked "Is this MDMA?" Sure as fuck it was. Shit, I only done it twice before... The first time was great, the second time I took about six hits, instead of one. The second time I thought I was going to overdose on the shit and have never been so high in my life.

Once I figure out, that I was doing MDMA instead of cocaine. I quit taking it, I did about four or five line before my stupid ass realized that was going on. Last time I did that shit was like Fear in Loathing in Las Vegas or some shit. I was way out of control, it was scary. Well this time it wasn't so bad. All I really remember, was that is was really funny how Cole ran, and that pretty much everything else in the game was super trippy and badass. None the less, I stayed up till nine in the morning, playing the fucking game. I am pretty sure that I got to about 40 percent completion in about ten hours maybe less.

I have mentioned before, that drugs and video games have mixed well in the past. Well it is true, in this moment. If it wasn't for the video game, I would haven't had something to focus on. Sort of like my mushroom trip with God of War II. That is a different story all together, though. I will tell that one soon enough. Well hopefully soon, playstation store will be back online and I can download inFAMOUS and beat the game again. The best part is that you can choose to be evil or good like fable or similar games. This makes for a great game that can be played more then one time through.   

No comments:

Post a Comment