Friday, May 6, 2011

Prince of Persia Movie

I just finished watching the Prince of Persia Movie, and I have to say it is pretty cool. I was never a huge fan of the game series. There were okay, i guess, just wasn't something I could get into. The movie on the other hand was better. Produced by Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer, the same as the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Starring Jake Gyllenhaal as Prince Dastan, and Gemma Arterton as Princess Tamina. The movie is a retelling of the game series, even though it incorporates elements of all three games, it is a different story. The visuals at the first major battle really feel like a video game, but other then that, there really isn't much.

Video games turned movies, quite frankly are pieces of shit. Go out and rent the Mario Bros. movie and tell me what you think. Okay there is a few that did well, there is almost as many Resident Evil movie as games now. I did like the first one and the third one, the others not so much. The DOOM movie, I was partial to, it wasn't that great and for fuck sakes, The Rock? The ending is cool, how it goes into First Person view. I think they should re so the Mortal Kombat movie and actually make it bad ass.

Well, we all know, when going to watch a video game, to not expect too much from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment