Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dono yōna seikō Sony

As you might know Playstation Network was attacked on April 19th, Playstation Network was shut down a day later. About four days after the initial hack, Sony announced that the personal information and credit card numbers of 77 million users may be compromised. Sony also stated that they didn't find any theft of credit card numbers, but to look out for any suspicious charges. Kaz Hirai,  the head of Sony's gaming division, is speaking to the press on Sunday about the network hack, Sony is also releasing it's most detailed update the same date.

Will this patch fix the network outage? Is my information and fucking credit card number safe?! I am not very impressed. In fact U.S. congress isn't very impressed either, homeland security is helping Sony with the hack. Homeland security is worried that the hackers aren't from the gaming community and could use the information gathered for identity fraud. U.S. congress believes that the hackers might create an false identity for the use of terrorism. What the fuck is this? Cyber terrorism? I don't know about the terrorism threat, and as a Canadian, I don't give a fuck what homeland does. I am fucking worried about my credit, motherfuckers! If I get ripped off from play video games, I am going to lose my shit! I wonder if the Canadian government is concerned at all, most likely not, considering it is election time. Sony will have to figure their shit out, maybe go with a PayPal account or something similar. I am sure Sony Playstation users numbers will decline a bit, sure some COD players have already bought X Boxes.

This might be the end of free online gameplay for Playstation. I haven't heard anything about this, there has been plenty of rumours in the past. Countless times I have argued with X Box players about the current freedom of Playstation Network. After this attack, things might change, it's the first major thing that has gone wrong with PSN. X Box Live does have better online gameplay, with a charge to play PSN, it might improve gameplay. A Playstation Network fee could be used for a better and safer online experience. Who knows what the fuck is going to happen,I'll try to keep ya posted.     

No comments:

Post a Comment