Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Sega Genesis

The Original SixteenBit
I got a new, well new to me, Sega Genesis. Got it at King of Trade pawn shop, its pretty fucking sweet there. Tons of vintage consoles, games from Original NES to PS3 move stuff, lots of shit old sports games though. Man, those sport games coming out every year, lots of people get sick of NHL 94 when NHL 95 comes out. There were a few gems like; Altered beast; Sonic 3; Road Rash 2; Legend of Zedla and alike there priced around 20 bucks a piece. I only got Pitfall: Mayan Adventure and NHL 95 (around two bucks), the system with power cord and RF switch (fuck it's been awhile since I seen one of them). Also picked up a AV cord and extra controller. It only ran me about 35 bucks.

Setting up initially, I tried to run the AV from Genesis to my amp receiver and a dual AV cable from the amp to my TV. Didn't work out though, tried a AV few input combinations and holy shit, is the electrical converter huge, covers the power outlet. While flipping through my inputs I noticed there were two antenna options. Couldn't believe this fancy LCD HD TV had this stone age technology. Plugged in the RF switch and everything was good to go, no 7.1 surround sound but it will do. I will figure that out later, sure its possible.

Ok run down of the damage of the what I bought. First we started up NHL 95, two players, my brother and I. There was plenty of confusion at first with what team you were on, then I noticed the one controller's buttons didn't work so well. Still won 3-0 with that handicap, his paddle seemed fine. Big chain pawn shops are great places to get old games hell even new games if you look lots. Most offer a warranty of some kind but be careful shit can still not work, and a lot of the hook ups and accessories can be cheap unofficial knock offs. Still most the time they work good enough though.

I know there is a Nintendo 64 in the closet just no controllers or games, and I swear, I seen a box of Genesis games somewhere and I know Road Rash 2 is in there with a couple of other good ones. Going to be looking through storage tomorrow that's for sure. I am going to be searching more pawn shops and garage sales for some classic gaming also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment