Sunday, April 3, 2011


I caught on to the Call of Duty thing late. First person war games never gave me much pleasure, love First Person Shooters like Doom, Quake and Halo. The war ones just seemed to disappoint, in my mind. Everyone I played, First or Third Person, weren't very good and I kinda gave up on them. Not sure if I even played the first Call of Duty, but I know sure as shit that I played Call of Duty 2: The Big Red One. Believed I even beat the damn thing just in spite. It was along time ago, considering CoD2 was released October 25th 2005, and I can't really remember what I hated about the game. The Hate was strong enough to throw me off the Call of Duty franchise for a long time.

Zombies!!!!!! That's what guided me in the direction of the CoD franchise again. I stopped into my wheelchair bound gamer friend's, and was stoked to see them blasting zoms co op style. This was around the time zombies were huge in movies and games like, Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising. I didn't personal have a console or online at the time, so I played 2 player on Nacht der Untoten (which mean Night of the Undead in German) at his place quite a bit. I forgot about it till, around the time Call of Duty: Black Ops came out and a friend of mine that lives on the other side of Canada then, wanted to play Nazi Zombies. So I went out and bought it. The version I bought didn't come with the zombie mini game so I had to beat the campaign mode. I was impressed it was an all right game.

After some rounds, trying to make sense of the Verruckt, Shi No Numa, and Der Riese maps, he suggested we try Team Deathmatch online. My mind was blown at the match making and overall online experience. My friend tells me this is nothing and I should get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 so we can jam on that. Of course I went straight out and bought it, for like 25 bucks at a pawn shop. I was hooked, many weeks were wasted playing online, funny thing, I never played the campaign mode. Found out that a ton of my friends played either Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops quite religiously. Some people I never expected played all night long. In my mind Call of Duty has the best online experience to date, it is so easy to jump in a game and start pwning noobs all across the globe.

Can't lie, the first couple Call of Duty games sucked big hairy balls. Treyarch swooped and saved private Ryan's day. In the end, the Call of Duty series turned out on top. I am super excited to see if one of the many first person shooters that are coming out now can hold up to CoD. Going to get Killzone 3 and Socom 4 for sure. Heard Homefront is boasting that it has a better online then Black Ops which I am stoked to put to the Challenge.But no matter what you play out there just keep on playing.

P.S.
Do you agree Call of Duty 2: Big Red One is the lamest title for a game I have hear in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment