Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Releases April 26th 2011

Okay, new releases today are a little weird this week. My sources are starting to confuse me, dates aren't making sense. Some games are pushed back, other titles are released for different system at different times. Every region has a different release dates. PC games (which I don't cover in new releases) mostly don't come out on Tuesdays like most console games. Console game sometime don't exclusively come out on Tuesday either, and PSN and XBLA games tend to come out on Wednesdays. Lots of times the same game for PSN and XBLA come out on different dates.

This week is fucking with me big time. I forgot it was Tuesday and I usually write this post Monday night. Just forgot and was a little stressing about writing it all today. This week though, barely has any games coming out and I think some of them are already out. I am glad because when there is ten new games coming out, it takes me a long time to research them all. Far as I can tell there is only one game coming out today and I am pretty sure it was released already. There is also two Playstation Network and X Box Live Arcade releases coming out before the end of the month, I think one is already out on one of the systems. Let get this shit started...

Operation Flashpoint: Red River (PS3/Xbox360/PC)
April 26th 2011
Developers: Codemasters
Publishers: Codemasters
Genre: Tactical Shooter

This is like the fifth or something installment of a series I have heard nothing about. That many games and I heard nothing about it, that can't be a good sign. There is a overflow in the market of military and war games. With so much shit first person and tactical shooter out there it is very hard to find a niche. I heard this game has no competitive online play, come on really who the fuck is going to buy a game that is only offline. Can't pwn noobs? Why play?



Outland (XBLA/PSN)
April 27th 2011
Developer: Ubisoft
Publisher: Housemarque
Genre: Platform cross over/ Top down Shooter

Outland, combines elements of top-down shooters like Ikaruga with classic two-dimensional platform gameplay. It kind of looks like it has a  little contra influence too. I've seen a trailer and it looks fun and promising. Games on PSN and XBLA can be good buys, games are usually 15 bucks or under and you can find some really good gems. Buyer beware; if the game is worth 2 bucks it's probably shit.



MoonDiver (XBLA/PSN)
PSN: March 29th 2011
XBLA: May 4th 2011
Developer: feelplus
Publisher: SquareEnix
Genre: Side Scrolling Platfrom

My sources told me that this game was coming out on April 30th, but I think the dates are above are more accurate. MoonDiver is from SquareEnix and I dont ever remember playing any platform by them. This one could be hit or miss, I like a ton of stuff from SqaureEnix, but they have been known to put out some crap. This one looks okay and I really like the titties on those animated babes. God Bless Japan, remember to donate to Red Cross to help Japan in their time of need. I know you can donate through your Playstation Network account.

No comments:

Post a Comment